As part of our service, we collect data about schools and students. All the information we gather is subject to the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, which ensures that any data is:
- Fairly and lawfully collected
- Not held longer than necessary
- Only disclosed in accordance with any relevant Codes of Practice.
Our systems are located within Amazon Web Services (AWS). This allows us to take advantage of their world leading levels of reliability and security:
- The Amazon data centres are situated in Ireland and Frankfurt
- Data ring-fencing of those locations means they are fully compliant with the latest 'Privacy Shield' agreements
- All data is backed up in the AWS cloud
- AWS works closely with security experts across the globe in order to ensure that the level of security is high enough for use by governments and organisations working with the most sensitive types of information
- Service Level Agreements with Amazon guarantee 99.95% uptime for our resources
- Using AWS allows our service to scale up with your needs, so no matter how many students you register with us, we will always be able to cope with demand.
Academy21 is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number: Z2910975). For further information about the ICO, please visit ico.org.uk